10 Ways to Create a Mobile Friendly WordPress Site
Mobile technology is going big. Every other user is now viewing your website from their iPhone or other smart phones. It is essential that you create a mobile friendly version of your WordPress site. Majority of top sites and blogs have already made their sites mobile friendly, but there are tons of other sites and blogs that lacks a mobile friendly version. In this article, we will share some ways you can create a mobile friendly version of your WordPress blog for your users and for yourself.
In this section we will share all the ways that will create a mobile friendly version of WordPress for your users.
1. WPtap is a WordPress specialist in developing mobile themes/plugins that can instantly convert your WordPress site into web-application experience when viewed from iPhone, iPod Touch, touch-based Blackberry, and Android smartphones.
WPtap offers both free and paid themes.4 fine-designed themes are available at WPtap: Tap News(iPhone App style mobile theme); Video Tube ( for video blogging and content sharing on mobile site); News Gallery(for image-centric and magazine style WordPress websites); News Press(for News, Blog, and other text-centric WordPress sites).
WPtap Pages is another advanced new design from WPtap.With features like elegant slideshow and thumbnail images, it makes a perfect choice for directory listing and product showcases.
They also provide theme customization service for users. So far, they have got a lot of positive feedback from customers. (http://www.wptap.com/)
2. Mofuse has a free option to make your blog mobile friendly for various devices including, iPhone, Android, Blackberry and others. Top blogs like Mashable, Readwriteweb, Makeuseof are using Mofuse. Mofuse displays your RSS Feeds to your users. Their free option does not give you enough freedom which is why we did not use their service, but it is very easy to setup. They also have a WordPress Mofuse Plugin.
3. WordPress Mobile Edition is a plugin by Crowd Favorite. This plugin shows an interface designed for a mobile device when visitors come to your site on a mobile device. Mobile browsers are automatically detected, the list of mobile browsers can be customized on the settings page.
4. WPTouch is a mobile plugin/theme for your WordPress website. It automatically transforms your WordPress blog into a web-application experience when viewed from an iPhoneTM, iPod touchTM, AndroidTM, or BlackBerry StormTM touch mobile device. WPTouch has a very good admin options panel. Make sure you check out their gallery for screenshots.
5.?WordPress Mobile Pack is a complete toolkit to help mobilize your WordPress site and blog. It includes a mobile switcher to select themes based on the type of user that is visiting the site, a selection of mobile themes, extra widgets, device adaptation and a mobile administration panel to allow users to edit the site or write new posts when out and about.
6. MobilePress is a free WordPress plugin which turns your WordPress blog into a mobile friendly blog when viewed on a cell phone. MobilePress also allows you to create custom mobile themes for different handheld devices and mobile browsers such as the iPhone, Opera Mini and Windows Mobile.
In this section, we will share how you can create a mobile friendly WordPress Admin Panel for administrators (you). This will allow you to manage comments and create new posts using your mobile device.
7. WordPress for iPhone is the official iPhone app that lets you write posts, upload photos, edit pages, and manage comments on your blog from your iPhone or iPod touch. With support for both WordPress.com and self-hosted WordPress (2.7 or higher), users of all experience levels can get going in seconds.
8. WordPress for Blackberry is the official WordPress for BlackBerry app allows you to write posts, upload photos and videos, edit pages, and manage comments. Both WordPress.com and self-hosted WordPress (2.7 or higher) sites are supported.
9. WordPress for Android is the official WordPress for Android is an Open Source app that empowers you to write new posts, edit content, and manage comments with built-in notifications. Download it now and get blogging in no time.
The above are the top 10 great ways to create a mobile friendly WordPress website. Each has their special traits. Personally, I prefer to WPtap. It is really a professional team in designing mobile themes.
Article from articlesbase.com
Filed under: Plugins
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!