Global Content Blocks
As featured on ManageWP (see review/tutorial)
- Do you use the same code snippets in multiple pages and posts?
- Do you add forms, opt-in boxes, Adsense code and other HTML to your content?
- Are you fed up with the WordPress editor stripping out your code, changing your formatting or adding in extra line breaks?
A solution so simple it’s amazing that it hasn’t been done before!
Global Content Blocks allow you create your own shortcodes to add code snippets or HTML including forms, optin boxes, iframes, Adsense code, etc, to pages and posts. They are ideal for inserting reusable objects or to prevent the WordPress editor from stripping out your code or otherwise changing your formatting. Please let me know of any other uses you find for it by adding a comment below.
Here’s how easy it is to use Global Content Blocks…
- Added visual editor when creating content blocks
- Can now use variables within content blocks
- Added ability to insert PHP blocks into content
- Option to insert to entire content block into pages/posts instead of the shortcode
- Option to select the block type, each represented by a different image block when inserted into content making it easier to identifyon the page
- Added export function to export all or selected content blocks to an xml file that can be imported into the Global Content Blocks plugin on another WordPres site
- Added a link to the Settings page from the Plugins page listing
- Added hook to run scripts in functions.php file on output
- Shortcode to use Content Blocks in widgets and non-post/page content
// use Global Content Blocks in widgets
add_filter( 'widget_text', 'shortcode_unautop');
add_filter( 'widget_text', 'do_shortcode');
Just add them at the end of the file before the closing ?>
I don't think it's what you're trying to achieve but you can create a block with a number of stacked shortcodes, e.g.,
and if this block is inserted into a page/post using the 'Insert full content' option, the individual blocks will all be displayed.
I figured this problem out on how to make your plugin work reliably with WordPress Multisite.
1)Install the Unfiltered HTML Plugin from Wordpress. After installing in Multisite and activate.
2)Create a mu-plugins directory in the wp-content folder
3)Move the unfilted-mu folder from wp-content/pluigins to wp-content/mu-plugins
4)From the Network admin Plugins screen use network reactivate 5)As Network Admin go to the networked site and use Global Contents Block as normal.
When I built my content blocks I chose Code and copied my iframe data into the content area and save the content. From the visual editor I would select the content block to insert and it worked fine.
This worked for me twice and has not been tested thoroughly but I do have your plugin working reliably on one networked site.
Incoming search terms:
- Content Blocks
- wpxpert com
- mycontent торрент