In starting your wordpress, there’s a great possibility to receive spams. Receiving comment spam when first starting a blog can gain such traffic that could be alarming for beginners. For this reasons we don’t have the access to prevent spammers to read our blogs. In just a minute your blog can be spammed by thousands of comments. This article introduces 6 proven useful plugins that is available in wordpress to help you fight and eradicate spam.
It is a CAPTCHA plugin designed for WordPress, it helps you block comment spam from automated bots. So if you post comments, users have to write down the characters of an image provided. It is planned for automated programs to find it hard figuring out those characters, a great help in preventing comment spam.
These are the requirements to have yaCAPTCHA in your computers: WordPress 1.5 or above, PHP 4.0.6 or above with GD2 library support, Theme must support the ‘comment_form’ action.
Trackback Spam Resources
A very simple b ut effective test on all trackbacks in order to stop spam. The TrackBack Validator, a plugin for WordPress that are sent by people commenting on your weblog that go along by a URL that points to that commentary. Spam TrackBacks are accompanied by a URL that points to a pay-per-click affiliate website or other irrelevant material. The Validator exploits this key difference:
1. When a TrackBack is received, the plugin retrieves the Web page located at the URL included in the TrackBack.
2. If the page contains a link to your weblog, the TrackBack is approved.
3. If the page does not link to your weblog, the TrackBack is flagged as spam and rejected.
Because TrackBack spammers do not set up custom Web pages linking to the weblogs they attack, this simple test will quickly reveal illegitimate Trackbacks.
WP-SpamFree and Trackback Validator
A very powerful anti plugin for WordPress that eradicates comment spam, have a good performance in eliminating trackback and pingback spam. It works invisibly without CAPTCHA’s, or other inconvenience to site visitors. The plugin includes spam-free contact form feature as well.
1. It’s completely free for both commercial and personal use.
2. The beauty of this plugin is the methods of blocking spam. It takes a different approach than most and stops spam at the door.
3. Powerful trackback and pingback spam protection.
4. It works like a firewall to ensure that your commenters are in fact, human. Virtually eliminates comment spam from bots.
5. It has a counter on your dashboard to keep track of all the spam it’s blocking. The numbers will show how effective this plugin is.
6. Includes drop-in spam-free contact form. Easy to use ? no configuration necessary.
7. No false positives, which leads to fewer frustrated readers, and less work for you.
8. You won’t have to waste valuable time sifting through a spam queue anymore, because there won’t be much there, if anything.
9. Easy to install ? truly plug and play. Just upload and activate.
10. The code has an extremely low bandwidth overhead and won’t slow down your blog (very light database access), unlike some other anti-spam plugins.
11. Completely compatible with all cache plugins, including WP Cache and WP Super Cache. Not all anti-spam plugins can say that.
12. Display your blocked spam stats on your blog.
13. Helps keep your database slimmer and more efficient.
14. Works in WordPress MU as well.
wpsecurity1This plugin specializes in protecting registration, login and comment forms from spambots by addin g two extra fields hidden by CSS. This approach gave me 100% anti-spam protection on one of my sites.
The idea behind this plugin is simple: SPAMBOTs either fill every form field they find (generic spambots) or fill WordPress-specific fields only (spambots which will recognise WP or are targeting WP only). Therefore it is sufficient to add two extra text fields to form (one empty and one with predefined value), and check their values after the form is submitted. 1st field (empty one) will be filled by generic spambots, and 2nd one will not be filled by spambots targeting WP only. With these two simple checks probably all spambots can be easily detected, so WP can return error “403 Forbidden” for them.
These two extra fields are hidden with CSS rule, so they will not be visible for most users. Only users with text-based browsers (and very old ones which not support CSS) will see them. Invisible Defender also shows number of blocked spammers in Dashboard, so you can see that it really works.
Akismet is quite possibly the most important and useful plugin you will ever install. It has been developed by the actual team behind WordPress, if that is not enough of a seal of of approval and a guarantee, I don’t know what is. In a nutshell, Akismet checks your comments against the Akismet web service to see if they look like spam or not and lets you review the spam it catches under your blog’s “Comments” admin screen.
Requires WP2.0 or higher and is compatible up to WP 2.8.4.
Maximum Security for WordPress
Maximum Security for WordPress is packed with strong protection that makes your site extremely secure. It guards against intrusion; tracks a plethora of events; blocks malicious content that could harm your readers and your search engine ranking; and includes a strong Web application firewall along with a full blown intrusion prevention system, and that’s just the tip of the iceberg. No other security plugin for WordPress comes anywhere close to matching the powerful features of this tool.
Plugins are used to increase the functionality of a blog and wordpress has such capacity to use plugins. No wonder that wordpress is widely used blogging platform. In fact, the wordpress community is developing more plugins intended for search engine optimization. If you are looking for the most useful wordpress plugins that can enhance your blog?s SEO score, here is a top list of them:
All In One SEO Pack ? One of the most useful and popularly used wordpress plugin. This plugin grants you the power to twist and tweak each corner of your blog for suitable search engine readability and indexing. It is an All in One SEO Pack indeed!
Google XML Sitemaps ? This useful plugin has the ability to create and update a Google compliant sitemap automatically to make sure that all posts are indexed. Its sitemap facilitates the Google spiders to speedily index the posts and pages on your blog.
SEO Smart Links ? This plugin can increase the SEO score of your blog considerably and also leverage new traffic to older posts because of its interlinking ability.
SEO Slugs ? This is another one of the useful plugins that enhances your permalinks. This plugin has the ability to eliminate stop words from permalinks which are evaded by search engines by default.
Simple Tags ? This plugin can improve navigation by tagging posts. Actually, simple tags are the most useful and powerful plugins to assist you add tags in all your posts.
Robots Meta ? One of the heavily ignored areas of search engine optimization most especially when it comes to a blog is duplicate content. This is where Robots Meta comes; it allows you to identify the sections that you wish to be indexed and not to be indexed such as archives, comments, tags, and more others.
Alright, there you all go with top most useful wordpress plugins. In fact, there are more of them, but the above list is the widely used plugins by many bloggers in various parts of the world.
As an entrepreneur Boy Durham anticipates the next trade in the business world. He knows too well what is in and out in the fashion industry. His passion for fashion and her business -minded nature can be reflected on his blog. For more info about his blog just click here? http://blogofthemodernpen.com/
Article from articlesbase.com
118 Most Useful Plugins To Increase Power & Effectiveness Of Your WordPress Blog – Learn Secrets Tools & Tricks! (Master Resale Rights) Reviews
A series of useful WordPress plugins
Indeed, while some are very careful to display time, the number of server requests to the lightness of the blog, others are followers of the excess and the glut. I think it’s a good thing after all if everyone will find his account is perfect and it will be the reader to make choices. I have read some criticism on a blog overloaded (50-60 plugins, display times around 9-10 seconds per page). If the criticism do not go away (I mean if you appreciate the subjects and the “tone” of the author) then it is easy to read her prose directly via rss feed no? Reading the article in the flows is also a way to keep some readers who would have unsubscribed.
All this to say that this wide range of possibilities is rewarding. I do not know you but I often look at the pages of plugins blogs I visit and there are always new things to discover. I do not pretend to give you a list of essential SEO plugins (only those that the author decides to install are for that matter) but to present some may be useful depending on the case.
* No Self Pings: This very simple plugin, you can not have internal trackback. This makes things more transparent and visually disturbing me at your comments.
* Sociable: I tested several ways of sharing information and this plugin that I have adopted. I like his presentation and his choice of digg-like and others. I just added the icon Fuzz (which I missed) MrWong.
* Maintenance Mode: I always find it disturbing to arrive at a site / blog or changes / updates are “live”, you never know if it is very temporary, or if the author did not reported on the current bug. Here a beautiful page you announce that the site is currently working on the administrator and you keep full access as if nothing had happened.
A series of useful WordPress plugins
DoFollow *: one of the first I installed. If anyone on this blog post I think “logic” to allow a bit of referencing on search engines. But in general on blogs an attribute “nofollow” is added to indicate to drivers to pass their way. DoFollow withdraw this attribute.
* Subscribe To Comments: a classic but it seems very important. Let your readers the opportunity to subscribe to a specific discussion.
* SEO Title Tag: Viewpoint referencing this plugin is very complete. It allows you to optimize all your titles (blog, categories, tags, …).Read More at? Diet Plan
Plugins can extend WordPress to do almost anything you can imagine. In the directory youcan find, download, rate, and comment on all the best plugins the WordPress community has?to?offer. But there you can see lots of plugins with equal rating, thus, I know you will get confused while selecting one of them for your purpose.? So I’ll share my experiences on WordPress Plugins, and listing out some of the commonly used Plugins & Usage.
1. All in One SEO Pack
The WordPress itself is Optimize the contents for search engines. But while using All in One SEO Pack you will get much control over the SEO. In this you can change the meta-data, descriptions, titles and set the index/follow of each pages or views with in the All in One SEO Pack plug-in settings page.
By default there is no pagination support for the WordPress. So WP-PageNaviis one of the best plugin for WordPress Pagination.? Check the Screens for the settings page and its output.? You need to place php code inside the theme files.
3. WordPress Related Posts
WordPress Related Posts Plugin will generate a related posts via WordPress tags, and add the related posts to feed. Insert the code inside your theme file, where ever you want to show the related posts.
4. Upcoming Posts Widget
It is better to let your readers know exactly what and when you will post something.
Features 1. Help you to show cheduled posts or drafts. 2. Configure in the widget: the number of posts; show the excerpt; the time format; a specific category. 3. Make your own style by editing ucp.css and ucp_widget.php files.
5. Google XML Sitemaps
This plugin will generate a special XML sitemap which will help search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo and Ask.com to better index your blog. With such a sitemap, it’s much easier for the crawlers to see the complete structure of your site and retrieve it more efficiently. You can generate the sitemap xml from the plugin’s settings page.
6. WPtouch iPhone Theme
WPtouch automatically transforms your WordPress blog into an iPhone application-style theme, complete with ajax loading articles and effects, when viewed from an iPhone, iPod touch, Android, Opera Mini, Palm Pre and BlackBerry Storm mobile devices. The admin panel allows you to customize many aspects of its appearance, and deliver a fast, user-friendly and stylish version of your site to iPhone, iPod touch, Android, Palm Pre and BlackBerry Storm visitors, without modifying a single bit of code (or affecting) your regular desktop theme.
Automatically add links to your favorite social bookmarking sites on your posts, pages and in your RSS feed. You can choose from 99 different social bookmarking sites!
8. FeedBurner Widget
FeedBurner Widget is very simple sidebar widget plugin to easy customize and display your FeedBurner subscribers stats button.
9. Count Per Day
It counts 1 visit per IP per day. So any reload of the page don’t increment the counter.? Features: Count reads and visitors,? shows reads per page, shows visitors today, yesterday, last week, last months and other statistics on dashboard, shows country of your visitors
10. NextGEN Gallery
NextGEN Gallery is a full integrated Image Gallery plugin for WordPress with a Flash slideshow option.
* Templates : You can add custom templates for your theme.
* Media RSS feed : Add the Cooliris Effect to your gallery
* Role settings : Each gallery has a author
* AJAX based thumbnail generator : No more server limitation during the batch process
* Copy/Move : Copy or move images between galleries etc?etc.
My name is Midhun Devasia. I’m a 26 year old Web Developer from Cochin, India.I had completed my B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering from SNGCE, Cochin. Now am working as a Technical Manager for a Web Development company at Cochin, India.
Article from articlesbase.com
Find More WordPress Plugin Articles